The Department of Computer Science offers a 2-year Associate Degree Program in Computer Networking and is equivalent to a 14-year Bachelor Degree. Computer Networking is a dynamic field that all organizations demand to computerize their existing system in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century that is on the cutting edge of computer technology and can be seen everywhere they connect people all over the world. This new and exciting degree program offered by Virtual University of Pakistan equips you with such skills and enables you to develop network using latest tools and techniques. During this study program you will learn to develop network such as Design, Analysis, Modeling and Simulation of network, Cellular and Wireless Communication, Information and network Security as well as advanced Concept of Intrusion Detection System, 3G/ 4G Networks, Voice and Data Integration, Cyber laws and Cloud Computing.
Note: The students, after obtaining the degree, may take admission in 5th Semester of BS Computer Science (4 – Year) Program.
The program will enable the students
- To be equipped with basic networking skills to meet market needs.
- To develop the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully seek a career in the networking field.
- To analyze network performance and take corrective actions.
- To install, configure, secure, administer and troubleshoot network systems.
- To compete for various jobs including Assistant Network engineer, Assistant Network Administrator, Network Systems Support, Network Technician, or similar positions.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Intermediate (equivalent to 12 years of education) with at least 45% marks.
- Candidates having ‘A’ levels are required to provide equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), Islamabad. (http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/)
- Candidates having less than 45% marks will be eligible for admission after successful completion of “Zero Semester”.
Course(s) exemption is not allowed.
It is two-year full time study program spread over four semesters. Each semester has at least 18 weeks duration for teaching and examinations etc.
Courses of Study
Click here to View Study Scheme
Assessment of Study Progress
The students’ study progress evaluation mechanism is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester by giving assignments, on-line quizzes, Graded Discussion Boards (GDBs), mid-term and final-term exams. The mid and final term exams are conducted at VU’s designated exam centers and usually count for 80 to 85% of the total marks for a course.
Students are required to complete a Project of 3 credit hours in the final semester of the Program. The choice of the final project is at the student’s discretion. However, approval of the final project from the student advisor is compulsory.
Award of Degree
To be eligible for the award of Associate Degree in Computer Networking candidates are required to complete at least 66 credit hours course work program by attending minimum 4-semesters with at least Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2 out of 4.
Click here to View Fee Structure
- The courses may be revised time to time as a result of continuous review to bring them at par with courses from being taught at top-class foreign universities. While reviewing the courses, needs of local industry and job market are also given full consideration.
- The University reserves the right to change fee structure from time to time.