The Department of Computer Science offers a 2-year Associate Degree Program in Web Design and Development and is equivalent to a 14-year Bachelor Degree. Today’s businesses and organizations survive and thrive due to their presence in cyberspace. A dynamic and captivating websites enhances the business and, thus there is always a need for the professional web designers and developers. This new and exciting degree program offered by Virtual University of Pakistan equips you with such skills and enables you to develop websites/portals using cutting edge technology. During this study program you will learn to develop websites using PHP, PERL, CGI, MYSQL java, Dot Net Technologies, as well as advanced Web Services Development, Web Development for Portable Devices and Internet Marketing.
Note:The students, after obtaining the degree, may take admission in 5th Semester of BS Computer Science (4-year) Program.
The program will enable the students
- To design, develop and maintain web applications..
- To practice the cyber laws to earn and maintain their integrity in market.
- To work on upcoming tools and trends in web development.
- To learn latest tools to deal with web based applications for smart devices.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Intermediate (equivalent to 12 years of education) with at least 45% marks.
- Candidates having ‘A’ levels are required to provide equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), Islamabad. (http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/)
- Candidates having less than 45% marks will be eligible for admission after successful completion of “Zero Semester”.
Course(s) exemption is not allowed..
It is two-year full time study program spread over four semesters. Each semester has at least 18 weeks duration for teaching and examinations etc.
Courses of Study
Click here to View Study Scheme
Assessment of Study Progress
The students’ study progress evaluation mechanism is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester by giving assignments, on-line quizzes, Graded Discussion Boards (GDBs), mid-term and final-term exams. The mid and final term exams are conducted at VU’s designated exam centers and usually count for 80 to 85% of the total marks for a course.
Students are required to complete a Project of 3 credit hours in the final semester of the Program. The choice of the final project is at the student’s discretion. However, approval of the final project from the student advisor is compulsory.
Award of Degree
To be eligible for the award of Associate Degree in Web Design & Development candidates are required to complete at least 66 credit hours course work program by attending minimum 4-semesters with at least Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2 out of 4.
Click here to View Fee Structure
- The courses may be revised time to time as a result of continuous review to bring them at par with courses from being taught at top-class foreign universities. While reviewing the courses, needs of local industry and job market are also given full consideration.
- The University reserves the right to change fee structure from time to time.