ZERO SEMESTER FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
A ‘Zero Semester’ for undergraduate programs facilitates the candidates seeking admission towards Diploma, Associate Degrees, Bachelor (2-yr & 4-yr) or 2-yr Master programs, wherein applicable. Such candidates having prescribed qualification/degree but having less than 45% marks or CGPA less than 2.0 out of 4, as applicable, can enroll for ‘Zero Semester and upon achieving the prescribed completions requirements can become eligible for subsequent admission towards undergraduate programs.
It is a one-semester (18 weeks) duration program.
ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Candidates who have earned relevant qualification/degree prescribed in admission eligibility criteria with less than 45% marks or CGPA less than 2.0 out of 4, as applicable.
Course(s) exemption is not allowed.
COURSES OF STUDY
- MTH 001: Elementary Mathematics (Click Here for Course Details)
- ENG 001: Elementary English (Click Here for Course Details)
- CS 001: Computer Proficiency (Click Here for Course Details)
Click here to View Fee Structure
ASSESSMENT OF STUDY PROGRESS
The students’ study progress evaluation mechanism is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester by giving assignments, on-line quizzes, Graded Discussion Boards (GDBs), mid-term and final term exams. The mid-term and final term exams are conducted at VU’s designated centers and usually count for 80 to 85% of the total marks for a course.
COMPLETION OF ZERO SEMESTER
The candidates will be required to pass all prescribed courses in a single semester and achieve a semester GPA of at least 2.00 out of 4 in order to become eligible to apply for admission towards desired study program, wherein applicable.
- The courses and their number may be changed from time to time by the University.
- Students enrolled in the Zero Semester will be bound to obey the rules and regulations of the University.
- Zero Semester for Undergraduate programs, once qualified will remain valid for all subsequent admissions in the relevant program.