Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science has been designed for those who are willing to adopt Computer Science as an area for their higher education. It is designed to give students a complete walk through the field and to provide an enduring foundation for future professional growth. PGD in Computer Science prepares students with ability to undertake technical assignments in their organizations.
The Strategic objectives of PGD (CS) Program are:
- To develop eLearning student with knowledge of concepts and theories associated with the computer science field.
- To prepare eLearning student with practices related to computer science application and programming skills.
- To provide eLearning student with an ability to use and analyze software programs tools effectively.
- To provide eLearning student with refinement of analytical, logical and communication skills effectively.
- To prepare eLearning student with an ability to proper use of electronic media technologies for interacting with teachers appropriately in virtual environment.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/ institute in any discipline with at least 45% marks or CGPA 2.00 out of 4.
However, candidates having less than 45% marks will be eligible for admission after successful completion of “Zero Semester” .
Course(s) exemption is not allowed..
It is a one-year duration program that comprises two semesters. Each semester has 18 weeks duration.
Courses of Study
Click here to View Study Scheme
Assessment of Study Progress
The students’ study progress evaluation mechanism is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester by giving assignments, on-line quizzes, Graded Discussion Boards (GDBs), mid-term and final-term exams. The mid and final term exams are conducted at VU’s designated exam centers and usually count for 80 to 85% of the total marks for a course.
Award of Diploma
To be eligible for the award of Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science, students are required to complete course work program (minimum two semesters) of at least 24 credit hours course work with minimum CGPA 2.00 out of 4.
Click here to View Fee Structure
- The courses may be revised time to time as a result of continuous review to bring them at par with courses from being taught at top-class foreign universities. While reviewing the courses, needs of local industry and job market are also given full consideration.
- The University reserves the right to change fee structure from time to time.