Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology has been designed to equip students with an integrated set of skills that will allow them to develop their professional careers in the field of Information Technology.
The Strategic objectives of PGD (IT) Programs are:
- To develop eLearning student with knowledge of concepts and theories associated with the IT world
- To prepare distance student with practices related to IT application for solving business operations and strategies productivity
- To provide eLearning student with an ability to use and analyze software programs tools effectively
- To provide eLearning student with awareness of interpersonal and communication skills effectively
- To prepare eLearning student with an ability to proper use of electronic media technologies for interacting with teachers appropriately in virtual environment.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/ institute in any discipline with at least 45% marks or CGPA 2.00 out of 4.
However, candidates having less than 45% marks will be eligible for admission after successful completion of “Zero Semester” .
Course(s) exemption is not allowed.
It is a one-year duration program that comprises two semesters. Each semester has 18 weeks duration.
Courses of Study
Click here to View Study Scheme
Assessment of Study Progress
The students’ study progress evaluation mechanism is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester by giving assignments, on-line quizzes, Graded Discussion Boards (GDBs), mid-term and final-term exams. The mid and final term exams are conducted at VU’s designated exam centers and usually count for 80 to 85% of the total marks for a course.
Award of Diploma
To be eligible for the award of Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology, students are required to complete course work program (minimum two semesters) of at least 24 credit hours course work with minimum CGPA 2.00 out of 4.
Click here to View Fee Structure
- The courses may be revised time to time as a result of continuous review to bring them at par with courses from being taught at top-class foreign universities. While reviewing the courses, needs of local industry and job market are also given full consideration.
- The University reserves the right to change fee structure from time to time.