The Department of Computer Science offers a regular 2-year degree program which has been designed to equip the students with requisite knowledge and provide Computer Science skills that will enable them to capitalize on the increasing career opportunities in the computer science sector and to expand the limits of their knowledge by pursuing further studies.
Note:Candidates holding 2-year Bachelor’s Degree will only be allowed to continue seamlessly towards their respective 4–year BS Degree Program at a later stage in life.
The Strategic objectives of B.Sc. Program are:
- To develop eLearning student with knowledge of concepts, theories, application and practices associated with the computer science field.
- To prepare eLearning student with an innovative practices related to computer science application and enhance the programming skills for solving computer science operations
- To provide eLearning student with an ability to use and analyze software programs tools effectively.
- To provide eLearning student with awareness of ethical, social, interpersonal and communication skills effectively.
- To develop eLearning student with refinement of analytical, logical and critical thinking.
- To prepare eLearning student with an ability to proper use of electronic media technologies for interacting with teachers appropriately in virtual environment.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Intermediate (equivalent to 12 years of education) with at least 45% marks.
- Candidates having ‘A’ levels are required to provide equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), Islamabad. (http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/)
- Candidates having less than 45% marks will be eligible for admission after successful completion of “Zero Semester”.
It is two-year full time study program spread over four semesters. Each semester has at least 18 weeks duration for teaching and examinations etc.
Course(s) exemption is not allowed..
Courses of Study
Click here to View Study Scheme
Assessment of Study Progress
The students’ study progress evaluation mechanism is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester by giving assignments, on-line quizzes, Graded Discussion Boards (GDBs), mid-term and final-term exams. The mid and final term exams are conducted at VU’s designated exam centers and usually count for 80 to 85% of the total marks for a course.
Award of Degree
To be eligible for the award of B.Sc. in Computer Science Degree, a student is required to earn prescribed number of credit hours with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.00 out of 4.
Click here to View Fee Structure
- The courses may be revised time to time as a result of continuous review to bring them at par with courses from being taught at top-class foreign universities. While reviewing the courses, needs of local industry and job market are also given full consideration.
- The University reserves the right to change fee structure from time to time.